Media sharing allows sharing of music, movies and TV shows between Macs. The recommended best
not to use the computer as a server but to utilize Apple's cloud storage to download and use content stored
there if content stored with Apple is used on multiple devices.
Time to fix
How to disable Media Sharing
- Open System Preferences, go to General, then click Sharing.
- In the list, uncheck Media Sharing.
How to disable on Monterey and older
- Open System Preferences, click Sharing.
- Click the lock icon in the bottom-left, then enter the account password.
- In the list on the left, uncheck Media Sharing.