Sharing files is off
File sharing allows for the Public folder on your Mac to be publicly accessible. This should only be allowed in rare cases and disabled once finished.
Time to fix
How to disable File Sharing
- Open System Preferences, go to General, then click Sharing.
- In the list, uncheck Internet Sharing.
How to disable on Monterey and older
- Open System Preferences, click Sharing.
- Click the lock icon in the bottom-left, then enter the account password.
- In the list on the left, uncheck Sharing files.